Thursday, September 8, 2011

Hello Cupcake!

This little girl is just SOOO cute! I really had fun coloring her...... I am normally a pastel girl but lately I am really into these bright colors....

PLAYING WITH DIMENSION
I love how her hat is colored that makes it look dimensional. I shaded the sides and bottom of the white puffy part with N1 to give it some shape. I also added a bit of N2 on the sides of the blue band (over the blue).

Today is my brother Billy's birthday... this is me making him cupcakes.... LOL.. bet he would really like that!

The bowl looks like its dimensional because I used the lightest color in the center of the bowl and darker colors on the outside part of the bowl. This tricks our eyes into thinking that the sides of the bowl are further away from our eyes than the sides of the bowl. (same with the eggs and cupcake)

COLORS USED:
bowl/shirt: rv00, rv63, rv55, rv19, Y32, Y35, Y38
cupcake: YG11, YG13, YG17, E30, E37
eggs: E40, E42, E44
face: E000, E00, E11, R21
Hat: Puffy part N1, Blender
Hat/apron Band: B00, B02, N2 Blender
Hair: Y21, E33, E35, E37
chocolate cake batter (is there any other flavor?) E49

2 comments:

  1. Sooo Cute...can't wait to take one of your classes...We came and sat in on about 10 min of your class at SMS about 2 weeks ago...Stacey insisted!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why is the song "hey good lookin, what you got cooking" popping in my head? Card is adorable!

    ReplyDelete