Monday, August 30, 2010
Just got back from my latest Copic Certification Class. It was a great group of gals and I believe I made several new friends. The mountain was amazingly beautiful.. nothing like any mountains I have ever seen.... and the sunset was unbelieveable. I am glad I was able to see these natural beauties.
Here are a few photos from the class... someday I will fit my good camera into my suitcases and take a few better pictures.. the droid cell phone can take photos.. but the quality is not top notch.
A few tips for my Certification gals.
* remember to use your light ink first, add your darker color, return to your light color to blend. Do not use your blender pen to blend.
*Use the side of your nib instead of the very tip of the nip to get a wider stroke of ink onto your paper, making it easier to blend.
* Have fun and continue to practice. You were given a ton of information, now several of you still need to practice practice practice to master each of the skills you were taught.
* The numbers - First number is how much gray is in the color, The second number is how bright the color is. To blend a group of colors, I like to keep the first number the same, and the second number varies in increments of 2-3.
A FEW SPECIAL THANK YOU'S
Elizabeth - Scraps Galore - thank you so much for being my limo driver and having me teach in your store.. it is fabulous! I love my new Starbucks Glass! Thanks
Jane - Thanks for being my taxi driver to the grocery store... and dinner
Lisa - You are a hoot girl! Thanks for taking me to the airport.
Everyone - Thanks for becoming one of my newest friends!
HUGS - Jennie
Thursday, August 26, 2010
Images: Impression Obsession.
Colored by Me...
Wow, summer has been a blast. I got to spend some real quality time with my son which was absolutely wonderful! Now it is back to stamping, colorin and card making. I leave for New Mexico in the morning to teach a Copic Certification... next month I will be flying to Salt Lake City and to Oakland for Certification classes. Gotta make up for taking off most of August.
I am really coming back to my local stores for card Copic coloring and card making. Here are a few sneek peeks of a few cards I have been making. I kept the layout of the cards simple, because of all the detail in the image. Both of these images are by Impression Obsession - I love Gary Robertson's drawings.
Details and photos of cards in September classes to be posted soon! I sent out samples today, so they should be posted in your local store within a few days. See ya all soon!
Wednesday, August 4, 2010
Exciting new products offered by Copic!
I am totally excited about the two new products offered by Copic. The most amazing new blending paper and a wonderful new adhesive! Whew Hew. I have always loved my Neenah Solar Crest White, but this paper is totally amazing and is definately my new favorite!
I am so excited about both of these products and will list all of the fabulous details below under each photo! Your local Stamping, Scrapping and Fine Art stores can order these products from their existing suppliers.
X-Press It Blending Card:
This is now my absolute favorite paper to use with my Copic markers! The ink stays where you put it. Take a look at my samples. Note that the ink blobs were done with the same exact pressure with the same markers. The Neenah paper allowed the ink to feather out and leave a fuzzy image at the edge of the ink. The new X-Press It did not allow the feathering! The ink stayed exactly where the nib touched the paper! How exciting is that!
Other great things about this wonderful new paper!
* Allows more ink & color layering in one spot without feathering.
* Perfect for marker blending
* Ultra smooth, silky finish (awesome)
* Crisp special effects & bright colors
* Ideal for card making and stamping
* Laser & inkjet compatible
*92 lb cover weight
* Acid free & archival
* Beautiful bright white cardstock surface
* Perfect for Copic Markers!
* Crisp image when stamped with Memento Ink (and other recommended inks)
X-Press It - Double Sided Tape
FINALLY an adhesive that has all of the requirements that I have been looking for!
* Affordable (more on the roll and lower price than competitors)
* High Tack - amazing stick power for wood, paper, metals, chipboard, glass, fabric, glitter, & more!
* Heat Resistant - great for applying a straight line of embossing powder - so easy!
* No applicator required - applies easily by hand.
* Easy to tear backing (similar product to Red Line Tape without the hard to tear backing)
* Different widths available.
*Excellent for cardmaking, scrapbooking, jewelry making, papercrafted boxes & more.
Monday, August 2, 2010
Wow! CHA was a blast and exhausting! The Copic Team demo'd all day, then had a 7 night slumber party at night... Hmm... I think that is missnamed, because at a slumber party every one slumbers right.... LOL... not at CHA we stay up all night to chat and giggle. Too fun. My roomies were Jenn Balcer and Marianne Walker.. what fun! wait till you guys see all the new paper that is coming out, and the new images by my favorite stamp companies... stay tuned as you will soon see samples made with these awesome new things. I LOVE PAPER!
My Copic Technique classes sold out quickly. Each class had at least 50 guests in them. My assistant Sara Henton was fabulous. We made sure to walk around and make sure each guest was able to see a demo of each technique. We did our best to give individual attention with such large groups. It seemed like everyone had fun and enjoyed the class. (even when we tripped a breaker and the lights went out).
I got home real late Saturday night, got up early Sunday morning and took the boys and their friends boating and wake boarding. I even tubed some and had a blast. Now today I am going to empty my three suit cases, do laundry and prep for my Arizona classes Friday thru Monday! Whew hew - here I come Phoenix!
NOW FOR THE LONG AWAITED BLOG CANDY PRIZES.... sorry In forgot to post these before CHA and I didn't take a laptop with me.
FIRST PRIZE: One Copic 36 count folder (without markers)..... Jennifer Dove! Whew Hew! Prize to be hand delivered next week while I am in Phoenix.
SECOND PRIZE: Jen - Your choice of any Our Craft Lounge Stamp set (go to their website and pic one, then email me your pick along with your mailing addy. (she has a cute photo of her and her baby in her profile photo.)
THIRD PRIZE - Ashley - Card Kit (private email me with your mailing addy)
FOURTH PRIZE - JC - Card Kit (private email me with your mailing addy).
Thanks for playing!