Saturday, August 6, 2011

Shop Hop at Collective Journey...... Gift Card Make & Take directions

Collective Journey, this is where my Copic Teaching World started. Although I had been teaching card making for well over 10 years, this is where I taught my first Copic Card class and I have never looked back... It was an awesome stepping stone to a great career. I was teaching a make and take at Collective Journey (CJ) on Sunday. Here are a few of my bestest friends and students Debbie & Leslie who joined in the fun. These two have been with me since my very first Copic class....Love you guys! Of course they wanted to meet Bugsie, so this was the day she got to meet all my CJ friends. Leslie has asked me to bring her to all classes so she can babysit... well, we will see.... puppy sitting would cut into her coloring time! lol.

This make and take is amazing easy and allows newbies to experience several different techniques and Copic products. Although the Stamp set by Our Craft Lounge includes a darling leaf in the set, we chose to draw our own to practice using the multi-liner.... great fun. The dots in the background are done using the brush tips of the Copic markers.

details listed below.
Stamp Set: Our Craft Lounge "Whispy Blooms" (avail here)
Leaves: hand drawn with multi-liner
Dots: made with Copic markers (same col
ors as image)
Copic: RV00, RV09, RV23, YG21, YG17, YG21, YG17, Y15, Y38 (random color choices on this card... LOL).

Directions for card base: Cut cardstock 5 1/2" x 8 1/2 (half sheet), fold. then on the fold mark your card in one inch from each side. Align the card into your pa
per trimmer from the mark to the bottom of your card and cut. Repeat on each side of your purse. Add a top by cutting a separate piece of cardstock (black) into a 5" x 2" strip. Fold making it 5" x 1" slip over the folded edge of white card and adhere to both sides. punch holes add ribbon and then use corner chomper to round lower corners. Easy peasy and fun! Great for a gift card.


2 comments:

  1. Ohhhh...I love this! It's just darling! I may have to CASE, thank-you for sharing the pattern/directions! Hope you are doing well! (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete