Thursday, April 18, 2013

Digital Delights - Barnaby Bee


Hello,
Is this the cutest little bee or what?  When I was asked if I wanted to play along with the Digital Delights by Louby Loo gang for this special event, I went directly over to their blog to take a peek at their images.. I immediately fell in love with this one and their sea turtle (and a million others – check out the little girls!).   The Bee was rather easy to color and I love the way it turned out.

A few tips to remember
·      Look at each area of the image and determine where the closest part of that piece is to the light source (easiest is front center) .
·      The area that is closest to the light gets the lightest colors. (as in the center of his body and face are lighter than the outer portion of those areas).
·      The area that receives less light because it is further away gets the darker colors.
·      Also remember to add a shadow or darker color on bottom layers. (as in the inside of the pea pod, under his hand, etc) 

The clouds were fun and easy to do.
1.              Color your sky with a very light blue as in IB1 or BT2
2.              Now use your blender pen to color clouds.
3.              Let dry
4.              Repeat if cloud is not white enough.

I thought I was done then decided to pay a bit with the clouds to experiment.  I added a bit of HB1 to the edge of the clouds and then re-diluted the edge with the IB1 and blender.... Can't decide which I like best so I posted them both!

Image is Barnaby Bee and is available at: digital delights  

Yellows: GB6, CT4, CT2
Pinks: PP6, PP5
Greens: CT4, DG3, CG2
Black/gray: IG9, IG7, IG5, IG2
Wing: Diamond stickles
Sky: IB1
Water: BT2, BT4
Purple: PL1, PL2
Clouds: Blender pen

I hope you enjoyed my tutorial and come back for more!
Have a colorful day!
Jennie Black





2 comments:

  1. Barney the Bee is beeautiful Jennie.Fabulous colouring and papers...so adorable.

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow Jennie I love Barney the bee, he's so colourful, a fabulous creation.

    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete