Saturday, October 27, 2012

A Christmas Rose - for the love of coloring

Sometimes we need to remember what coloring is all about.  Today I took time for myself.  Turned on some light classical music and colored away, letting my imagination pick the colors and positioning of the flowers.  The image itself is inspirational, it's by Crafter's Companion in the Sheena Douglas collection -  Christmas Rose.  Note the image on the side of the greeting was not there but I added it by stamping a bit of an image onto the paper piece.  I also stamped a flower and cut it out for an embellishment as I didn't want to clog up the card with clutter and take away from the focal point.

I enjoyed coloring this for ME...  So without further ado I am going to just list the colors I used and one little coloring tip (I can't post without a tip!).


Soft Edges
As you will notice there is no harsh drop off in color where my petals fade from color to white.  What I did is soften the edge of the lightest color on each petal with my blender pen.  This diluted the crisp line that markers leave when lifting your pen at the end of a stroke.  

Have a Colorful Day
Jennie

2 comments:

  1. Stunningly, beautifully coloured!

    Hugs,

    Mandy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tip re blender and a lovely use of Sheena's stamp xx

    ReplyDelete