Stamp: Crafter’s Companion “Christmas Angels”
Markers: Spectrum Noir
Brown Grays: BG1, BG2, BG4
Citrus Yellows: CT1, CT2, CT4
Gold Brown: GB5
Blue Turquoise: BT1, BT2, BT3
- Color a layer of BG1 (stay off the edges and leave white space for highlight).
- Add a bit of BG2 while previous color is still wet.
- Blend two colors together using BG1 (lighter color of the two) ( Optional: soften edge of light color by touching the edge of the color with the blender pen)
- Add darkest color BG4
- Blend the two darkest colors together using medium color BG2
- Add a bit of darkest color back in and clean up edges while step 5 is still wet
- Repeat with other color families to complete image
- When adding a darker color, it will blend easier if the paper is still wet from your lighter color
- Until you are comfortable on how much ink to use, you might eave a bit of white space near your lines to allow a bit of bleeding, after coloring in the rest of the area, you can lightly fill in any white space you left for bleeding.
- I used I used Crafter’s Companion Ultra Smooth Premium white cardstock. click here
- Suggested ink pad is Memento Tuxedo Black (Stayzon does not work).
- For smooth coloring, color in small circles overlapping each circle. When areas are too small for circles be sure to overlap your strokes to insure even saturation (no white space between strokes - tutorial soon!)
- Because colors blend together best when both colors are wet, it is best to color one or two areas at a time before going on. IE: finish coloring elephants head before going on to his legs & arms, unless you are quick and can layer colors before the ink dries. As time goes on you will improve and become quicker.
Markers now available at your local stamping or scrapbooking stores. If they are not on the shelf ask for them by name, or go here