Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Happy Birthday Laura Mann Weed - Stampendous


Happy Birthday Laura

Laura Mann Weed, our fearless and creative leader of the Stampendous DT is having a birthday. We could not let this opportunity pass without special love being sent her way... I met Laura at a Copic Certification class that I taught last year and now I have the honor of being part of the team for three months! Whew hew...

Here is my special card, I originally started it as a my card post for this month's color challenge, but I just keep throwing things onto the card until it turned into a wonderful special someone card and I thought it was perfect for Laura.

How Fun is that! You never know what a project might turn into when you sit down to start playing. One of my favorite things is to show versatility of a stamp... first look at this stamp tells me "Christmas" but winter birthdays happen several months out of each year... so what the heck! Take a second look at your stamps and think of occasions other than the obvious holiday and you will get more use out of your stamps! You could also put a photo of your family, dog or other special someone in place of the greeting. Be sure to check out all of Stampendous embossing powder , gold glitter and mica.. YUMMIE...eye candy!

I met Laura at a Copic Certification class that I taught last year, and now I have the honor to work with her for the next three months. It is soooo exciting.

Be sure to check out the rest of the teams special wishes to Laura - Links are on Stampendous Page of Facebook... did you know you can find tons of ideas there? check it out HERE

Happy Birthday Laura, may your day be special..... as the card says..... There is SNOWBODY like you. #CRR126 Stamp available at your local Scrapbook or Rubber Stamp store!

Hugs Everyone - Stay tuned for a week of great samples here on my blog.... sign up as a follower to make sure to see them all.

8 comments:

  1. How very sweet Jennie. Great job with that snowman and the way you embossed his bottom edge. Great job and a truly awesome birthday greeting for Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Jennie!!! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific card, Jennie! It's perfect for our monthly color challenge, but I LOVE it as a special birthday card!! Thanks so much for remembering my special day. We think we're lucky to get to work with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning!! LOVE how you used that snowman!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous Encrusted Birthday Wishes! Your card is amazing! I love the layers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulousness! If your coloring wasn't as wonderful as it is, your focal snowman would get overshadowed by all the yummy papers and Frantaging! However, your unique coloring on him still keeps him the highlight!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Jennie, this is the best card. My duaghter and I love it! (She's looking over my shoulder at all the blog hop cards with me.)

    ReplyDelete