Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Copic - Ethnic Skin, Black Hair and other hair combos



Whew - what a weekend. I had a blast at the Copic Certification in Las Vegas. I also taught two Copic technique classes at Scrappin' Time. We had a great turn out for all three events.

A popular question this week was "How do we color ethnic skin and black hair" Well, I thought it was time for me to attack these two subjects and why not do it together. I played for a few hours... yes it takes me hours to try something new too!

I tried a few different color combinations on this image from Greetings Farm (Rachel). Please pick your favorite and let me know what your favorite is out of these three ladies. I tried the light source coming from different directions, and found that the light shinning on her chin was my favorite, as the hair somewhat shades the left side of her face.

Left: This lady I chose to use E13, E18 an a tiny bit of E37 for her skin, and for her hair I chose C2, C5, C7 and C8. As normal. I used most of the lightest color, a little of the middle color and even less of the darkest color. I hope she looks light African American - that is what I was trying for.

Middle: This lady is very similar to the first one, however for her hair I added a bit of blue violet (BV04). blue sounds wierd in black hair but it worked! The skin was done with E51, E53, E55... it has a bit of a green tint to it than I am not sure I like. But a variety is what I was trying for and is what I got.

Right: This lady has a lighter skin tone. I would guess that it is more Asian than African American.

I am still working on a darker color combination for skin but I seem to prefer the lightness of the first and middle image.

HERE ARE A FEW ADDITIONAL HAIR COLOR COMBOS...

Yellow/Blonde: Y00, Y11, Y21
Orange/Blonde: Y11, Y21, YR61
Yellow/Blonde with brown: Y00, Y11, Y21 & add a bit of E33
Auburn/Brunette: E09, E19, E29
Cool Black: C1, C3, C5, C8 and a bit of lavender for fun! (adjust how much of each depending on how dark you want your image)
Light Brown: E30, E33, E35, (add E37 for a bit darker)
Warm Black: W1, W5, W8 - again adjusting how much of each on how dark you want image.

Hope you like these! Take care and I will be back with more favorite color combinations soon!

4 comments:

  1. I like the middle one best - LOVE the skin and hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really required this post! Our web journal get's immaterial remarks, yet we have a traditional number of endorsers which confounds me. I'm doing these things with the exception of really requesting remarks fascinating! We'll check whether that has any sort of impact... incredibly invited!
    ladies wigs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Things are very open and intensely clear explanation of issues. was truly information. Your website is very beneficial

    African hair braiding

    ReplyDelete