Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Sweet little girl!

My sweet little blondie

I love this little girl... I used opaque white on the polka dots and smashed them in the scanner before they were dry... but I still love her. She is from Stampavie.
It was only a few months ago that I hated working with red. I have recently noticed that I am totally drawn to Red when I go to color things. I have learned to start off with R22 (Light Prawn) before I add R24, or R27.
When using dark colors like dark gray (shoes) or Red (dress) I color my image without being very heavy at the edge near the lines. If need be I do a quick sweep around the edges when I am done to make sure that all the white spaces are covered. The background is lightly airbrushed with the Copic Airbrush System.

Tip of the Day: DONT GET THE EDGES OF YOUR IMAGE VERY WET WHEN USING RED OR IT WILL FEATHER OUTSIDE OF THE LINES!


5 comments:

  1. She's beautiful! I just love how the red dress turned out...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card ... love how you coloured her. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really enjoy your work. Am now a follower.

    Hope you will come by Julie's Open Window and follow along, too! I would also like to personally invite you to play with us in The Play Date Cafe.

    Links are on my profile. Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute! I too have been in a red zone... and I am so excited I just purchased some opaque white.. it is on its way to me, I have never used it before! LOVE the look!
    HUGS
    MichelleO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just dropping by to say I'll see you on Saturday at Jazi for the class! I'm all signed up! Thanks for coming south! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete