Monday, November 4, 2013

House Mouse - Birthday

I know I know, another House Mouse-Designs - well I am in love with these little creatures lately!  This image was colored with alcohol markers.  (colors listed below).  This will be a great image for future card classes as we always need birthday cards (even if I forget to send them).

Coloring Tips:
I used a center front light source.  Therefore the light hit the center of each image first.  I Placed my lightest color in the center of each shape and worked my way away from the light source.

Ice Cream:  is a cone shape therefore the highlight follows the shape of the cone starting narrow at the top of the cone and widens as the shape widens.

Cone: This is a cylinder shape, therefore I placed the highlight along the center of the cylinder shape with my shading on the edges that are furthest from the light source.  I also used a darker color for the indented part of the cone which makes the x's look raised.

The mouse wearing the green hat has a round body.  I placed the highlight (lightest color) in the center of each circle and worked my way darker towards the edge of the entire circle.  This will help build volume and make the image appear more like two spheres rather than two circles.

Image: House Mouse Designs - By Stampendous
Greeting:  Birthday Wish by Stampendous SSC1115 (an amazing greeting set)

markers used: (first set of numbers are Spectrum Noir, second set are Copic)

Brown: TN3, TN6, TN2, GB3   or E30, E33, E35, E37
Gray: BG1, BG2, BG3 or W1, W3, W5
Pink: PP1, PP3, PP6 or R81, R83, R85
Cone: GB6, GB3, GB2, TN3, or YR21, E35, E32
skin:  FS9, FS3, FS2   or E11, E93, E00, E53
Background airbrushed with B04 & Copic Air brush
Stickles for the flame on top of yellow ink. (the stickles is still wet in photo making it appear funny).

Hope you enjoyed these coloring tips.

Jennie



No comments:

Post a Comment