Thursday, October 25, 2012
Life is full of Sparkles! - Elizabeth Designs stickers & Glitter
I have been super busy lately and have not done my weekly post! A little update on what is up. I was hired by Crafter's Companion a few months ago as The Director of Product Education. I am loving my new job and a company that appreciates me and treats me with respect, trust and loyalty. I am thrilled with the position that I worked hard to get. You will see lots of new things coming in the near future. Stay tuned! For now let's take a peek at a project I made for my son's girlfriend Amanda. She is a girly girl and so I thought this would make a cute card to go with a gift I got her recently.
Here is a fun way to add two of my favorite things into one project. I used my Spectrum Noir alcohol pens to color on top of my MICRO fine glitter. Here is how I did it.
1. Adhere wide double stick tape to white cardstock
2. Remove the double stick backing paper and retain it as your "transfer sheet"
3. Remove sticker from sticker sheet and place sticky side up onto the smooth side of your "transfer sheet"
4. Using transfer sheet place sticker onto the sticky cardstock. (see photo below)
5. Add MICRO FINE glitter to your sticky paper and burnish firmly making sure that the glitter is tight and there are no holes without glitter.
6. Remove all excess glitter from sticker. Double check to make sure the glitter is tight and no loose areas.
7. Begin coloring with your darkest color first. Adding your lighter colors as you work your way towards your highlight. The glitter will soak under the glitter and spread quickly so be careful that you color slow.
8. Cut around image/sticker and adhere to your project.
I hope this added a little sparkle to your day.