Monday, October 6, 2014

Witch Shoes??????

Love this stamp by none other than Stampendous.  It's ironic that I colored these two shoes and couldn't decide which one I liked best!  I am easily humored!  LOL. I decided I like the orange shoe best, but the yellow and orange lace best....... so I guess a bit of both.

We went to Las Vegas for a family party.  Since I can't sit still for 4-6 hours while in the car, I colored both ways, so forgive the ooops here and there, let's blame them for the bumps in the aweful freeway leading to Vegas!  I never leave home without my markers and am happy coloring even with the bumps and swerves to avoid the crazy drivers.

Hope you like the finished projects.

Orange version:  Copics - YR09, YR04, YR18, YR16 and brightened up a bit with Y11.  The purple was done with V15, V12, V01.  Ground was done with W1, W3, and a bit of YR04.  I airbrushed the background with W4 when I got home. The heel of the shoe's highlight closed up when I was playing too much.  So I added the highlight back in with a white gel pen.  The highlight on the front of the shoe is much better as I left the area white and never colored it with any marker.  This makes a great comparison to see that leaving it white is much better than having to go back and add it with a gel pen. Flowers are colored using C9 & OR18. Misc papers by Canvas Corp and Prima.  Added a bit of tulle for the fun of it.

Green Version: I didn't have all of my markers with me in the car so I used what I had.  YG67, YG17, YG03, YG01  and Y11 for the green part.  Note that I left both of the highlighted areas white (never colored them with any color).  Black is done with C9, C5, C3 and the fun orange and yellow lace was done using YR09, YR04 and Y11.... I just love how the yellow and oranges blend so well.  Again I spritzed the background using the airbrush and W4 - However, You could easily color it with a very light gray such as W1 or W2.  Note that if you color the background, I highly suggest that you color it first... since I was in the car I didn't want to do that and saved the backgrounds until I returned home where there are not as many bumps.  Paper by Prima and the little bat wings jar is cut out from a printed paper by Canvas Corp.

Hope you enjoy and are inspired to give it a try..... Stamps available at your local stamp/scrap store or you can order them on line here...

Colorful Hugs,
Jennie Lin Black

3 comments:

  1. Oh what fabulous witch shoes! I don't think there IS a favorite to choose, they are both spectacular! Thank you for all your fabulous projects with our Stampendous products.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun and pretty card, love it!! Your coloring is awesome. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful coloring and card designs!

    ReplyDelete